All frakkin' right!
For the last three weeks I've been enthralled with my new favorite TV show and it just about does to my insides what Buffy once did. Granted, it doesn't feature the wittiness of Joss Whedon, Heroes on NBC does deliver to me that one thing I love about comics in an hour long movie.
Things that make it great:
- It moves - they're not taking for frakkin' ever to reveal everyones powers or draw out the show by keeping the whole cast apart. By the second episode, connections were being made and the group was being brought together....
- Jeph Loeb's an exec producer - THAT means that someone that is from comics is leading this bad boy...its doing the story reveals in a compelling way and its doing it right.
- Use of powers - some are obvious, some are mysterious, others are comics cliches...L O V E that!
- Use of comics - by integrating a comic book artist they're not trying to be anything more or less than what they are - a live action, one hour long comic book!
- Cute boys - there are at least three that I'd easily do and one that gives my tummy a tickle cause he's so cute...
- Tough chicks - the guys have girly powers and all the tough stuff is left to the ladies! I LOVE THAT!!!
Okay, this list could go on and on and on....I really do appreciate the cliff hangers, the thoughtfulness and the character development. This show keeps me waiting.
When last week's episode ended with a future version of Hiro, coming back to warn their (one-day you'll have a big scar and won't necessarily be as cute) future leader - I jumped off the couch and screamed "Now THAT'S how its done!!!
Those of you that know comics know what I mean.
Truly sorry I've sort of fallen off the planet, but I haven't been moved to write in awhile. I'll try to check in at least once a week...